- In this policy, whenever you see the words “we”, “our” it refers to The Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre UK, a charity registered in England and Wales (Registered Number : 206169)
- By accessing and using our website, or providing your information, you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them.
- The protection of your personal data during the collection, processing and use during your visit to our website is very important to us. Your data is protected in accordance with legal regulations. Below you will find information about which data is collected during your visit to the website and how it is used:
1. Collection and Processing of Data
Every access to our website and every retrieval of one of these stored files will be logged. The storage serves internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following are logged: name of the retrieved file, date and time of the retrieval, amount of data transferred, message about successful retrieval, web browser and requesting domain. In addition, IP addresses of the requesting computers are logged. Further personal data will only be collected if you voluntarily provide this information, for example as part of a request or registration.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Insofar as you and personal data have been made available, we use these only to answer your inquiries, to process contracts concluded with you and for technical administration. Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties or otherwise transmitted if this is necessary for the purpose of the contract, if this becomes necessary for billing purposes or if you have previously given your consent or when we are legally required to do so, for example, by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising power or if compelled by an order of the Court. You have the right to revoke your consent with effect for the future at any time. Information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may transfer the information to other offices and to other reputable third party organisations as explained above and they may be situated inside or outside of the European Economic Area. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alternation of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this. The deletion of the stored personal data takes place if you revoke your consent to the storage, the knowledge of which is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was stored or whose storage is inadmissible for other reasons.
3. Right to Information
Upon written request to us at the Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre UK, Blind Lane, Bourne End, SL8 5LF or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we can inform you about the data stored about you.
We endeavor to store your personal data through appropriate technical and organizational means so that they are not accessible to third parties. When communicating via unencrypted e-mail, we cannot guarantee complete data security, so we recommend that you use the postal service for confidential information.
The Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre UK is not a “public authority” as defined under the Freedom of Information Act and we will not therefore respond to requests for information made under this Act.
The Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre UK has not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within any of the criteria set out under the General Data Protection Regulation which requires the appointment of a Data Protection Officer.
For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act please visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk